Here at Compass Fuel Oils, we are the UK’s leading provider of fuel oils like red diesel and AdBlue, as well as lubricants and greases. And this is our guide to everything you should know about the importance of AdBlue management.
What is AdBlue?
AdBlue is a diesel exhaust fluid, made from a very high purity aqueous urea solution. When applied to diesel engine vehicles, this can remove harmful pollutants, particularly nitrogen dioxide and other nitrogen oxides, from diesel exhaust gases, by converting these to harmless substances.
What are the risks of running out of AdBlue?
There are some serious risks associated with running out of AdBlue, and these include:
- Restricted energy and performance- if your vehicle runs out of AdBlue while you are driving, and your engine is outfitted with SCR technology, your car will run only on restricted energy and performance. This is to ensure that the vehicle emissions remain under the limit of legal criteria. In real terms, you will be able to slowly drive home but once you come to a stop, the car will not restart. At least not until the AdBlue tank is refilled with 3-5 litres of AdBlue.
- Road traffic accidents- if you are driving your vehicle anywhere in the UK, and the performance suddenly comes to a halt, restricting the speed you can drive, you may be at risk of being involved in a road traffic accident, or causing one, due to your sudden decrease in speed.
- System purging- for some vehicles, running out of AdBlue completely can be costly as the system will need to be purged and reset before it will restart again. In order to achieve this, professional diagnostics may be required.
How can we help here at Compass Fuel Oils?
At Compass Fuel Oils, we can help you be sure never to run out of fuel, or AdBlue again. We offer professional, high performance fuel monitors that can help your company with fuel management. These fuel monitors are incredibly accurate and precise and use wireless radar to transmit information regarding the amount of fuel in any tank.
Where can you but AdBlue?
Here at Compass Fuel Oils, we offer a range of AdBlue pack sizes, so you can choose the option that best suits your requirements. Our pack sizes include:
- 2000+ Litre bulk tanker deliveries
- 1000 Litre Plastic IBC’s – Gravity feed or pump fed systems available.
- 205 Litre Plastic Drums
We can deliver this to wherever you are across the mainland UK in just 1-3 days. And we can even reach the most hard to reach places, with our pump over barrels.
For more information about AdBlue delivery within 1-3 days, barrel deliveries, or installing fuel monitors, get in touch with the leading experts today, here at Compass Fuel Oils.