Heating your home or property with kerosene heating oil can bring a number of advantages and benefits this winter. But what is kerosene? And why should you choose Compass Fuel Oils for your kerosene delivery and supply?
What is kerosene heating oil?
Kerosene is used in domestic properties across the UK to fuel household hot water boilers and central heating systems. This is a very safe and cost effective heating oil that can be stored for a long period of time, thanks to its great shelf life. This is a type of heating oil that is also more environmentally friendly than other options, producing less paraffin fumes. Kerosene is also used for heat storage stoves such as an AGA.
How much fuel will you need?
The first thing to consider in relation to the amount of fuel you will need is the size of your fuel tank. You will need to check your fuel tank to see what the total volume is. If there is no sticker on it then the model number is generally a good hint as to the size (i.e. Titan 1200, Harlequin HQ1000, Deso-2200).
If you can’t find any stickers, simply measure the tank to calculate an approximate volume, as below:
- 2300 litres = approx. 500 gallons.
- 1000 litres = approx. 220 gallons.
- 500 litres = approx. 110 gallons.
The amount of oil you will need varies on many different factors (property size, insulation, time spent at home etc.) so it’s always hard to gauge how long fuel will last. In general, we find that 1000 litres will last 2-3 months for most households during the winter months.
What are the advantages of kerosene Heating Oil for winter heating?
There are a number of advantages and benefits to using kerosene this winter, including:
- Low storage temperature- kerosene heating oil can be safely stored for long periods of time, as long as the temperature is above -39 degrees. This means that you can order your fuel for the whole year without worrying about the fuel being spoiled by the low temperatures.
- Cleaner burning- compared to paraffin, kerosene releases less fumes and toxins which allows this heating oil to not only be more environmentally friendly, but to also be better for your health too.
- Less expensive- for many homes, kerosene heating oil can work out cheaper per year than relying on energy companies, helping you make savings in the long run.
Why choose us for emergency kerosene barrel deliveries?
As leading fuel oil specialists, we know how important it is for homes to retain enough fuel for use at all times, and how distressing it can be to run out. From our team, you can expect:
- A full Next-Day or 3-Day delivery service for full kit pallets (outlined above), depending on your requirements, anywhere across the mainland UK
- A high level of professionalism and customer service at each interaction
- Great prices
We can also boast a fleet of our own professional barrel delivery vehicles across the UK including London, Birmingham, Manchester, Preston, Newcastle, Northampton, Cambridge and Norwich. So wherever you are, we have you covered.
For more information, or to arrange barrel delivery to your property, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Compass Fuel Oils.Kerosene Heating Oil