Hiring a bowser this winter
Here at Compass Fuel Oils, we are the UK’s leading fuel oil specialists, providing next day delivery across the UK. This includes fuel bowser hire. But why is this important for companies and businesses, especially in the winter months? And why should you choose our team for your fuel bowser hire this winter.
What is a fuel bowser?
If you are unfamiliar with a fuel bowser, this is essential a trailer fitted with a particular type of fuel tank. This is used for transporting fuel like red diesel and kerosene, and is often an important consideration for construction sites, forestry operations, and industrial or agricultural sites. However, there are some regulations regarding fuel bowsers on UK roads, after the reclassification of Red Diesel and Diesel as as flammable and combustible liquids. This means that any fuel bowser needs to meet certain requirements to be legal on public roads. These requirements include:
- Having a maximum capacity of 3,000 litres or less
- Being designed for mechanical handling
- Fully resistant to the stresses produced in handling and carriage
- Not being permanently fixed to a motor vehicle or trailer (may be temporarily fitted for safety during transport)
- Being safe and suitable for the carriage of diesel
- Being submitted for periodic re-inspection if requested
It is important to note that these requirements only apply to public roads, and on private land or on site, your fuel bowser does not need to meet these safety standards.
Why should you hire a fuel bowser this winter, with Compass Fuel Oils?
There are a number of reasons why you should consider hiring a fuel bowser from our team here at Compass Fuel Oils. These include:
- Fully compliant- the fuel bowsers that we have available for hire are fully compliant with the regulations and laws so that you can transport these safely on UK public roads, without any risk to you or your business. This is incredibly important for a range of industries, especially where work will need to be fueled on site, away from your own property. As a result, our bowsers are:
- manufactured after 2004 to meet the newest standards
- are 110% bunded
- have certification
- Flexible hiring- wherever you are across the country, you can hire our fuel bowsers here at Compass Fuel Oils. We offer bowsers in a range of sizes, suitable to meet whatever requirements your company or business has. And you can also hire these just for the winter period, or for a longer length of time, depending on your needs.
- Delivery across the UK- we can deliver to you, wherever you are across the mainland UK, generally within 1 to 3 business days. This means you can stay stocked up, and running out of fuel doesn’t need to be a concern.
For more information about how we can help meet your fuel needs this winter, why not get in touch today?