Here at Compass Fuel Oils, we supply a range of fuel oil products including red diesel, AdBlue and Kerosene heating oil. Red diesel is one of the most popular fuels we supply for agricultural machinery, industrial heating, and plant machinery. But why should you choose red diesel for your plant machinery? And what kind of benefits can you expect? Well, this is our guide to the advantages of red diesel for plant machinery.
What is red diesel?
Red diesel is a type of fuel that can be used to power large, heavy vehicles, although this cannot legally be used on the road. That’s why the fuel is dyed red, so that it can be tested immediately with a dipper test, on the roadside and on site. If you are found to be using red diesel illegally, HMRC will charge you for the restoration of your vehicle’s system to clean your tank and filters to remove the marker dye. You will be charged a fee for its removal. And it’s this confusion over the law that prevents many companies from reaping the benefits of red diesel. So what are these benefits? And why is red diesel so popular across a range of industrial sectors, and for agricultural use and plant machinery?
Advantages of red diesel for plant machinery
Red diesel is a type of fuel oil that can bring a range of advantages. These include:
- Money saving- for all businesses, making a profit is the number one priority. And in order for many industries to make a profit, certain duties need to be reclaimed. Tax on red diesel fuel is lower than other fuel options, as it is a heavily rebated fuel. And for single deliveries that are less than 2300 litres, you will only be charged 5% VAT, instead of the usual 20%.
- Red diesel generates heat- Many heavy vehicles require heat or a lot of power to start up. This includes a wide range of plant machinery. And red diesel is the perfect choice, as this fuel generates more heat than others. As a knock on effect, this also means that your plant machinery can still operate effectively in cold weather, because of the additional heat generated.
Choose Compass Fuel Oils for your red diesel
Here at Compass Fuel Oils, we are leading providers for red diesel, nationwide. From one end of the country to the other, we can deliver red diesel to you, when you need it. And there are some advantages to choosing us, including:
- quick and reliable delivery
- best prices guaranteed
- range of fuel delivery sizes from a 205 litre barrel up to 36,500 litres on an articulated tanker
- if circumstances demand it, we can pump over barrels of fuel oil from a van to deliver in all circumstances and conditions
Why not get in touch with the professionals today, here at Compass Fuel Oils?