Red diesel is the fuel of choice for all agricultural machinery. But what are the advantages of red diesel for agricultural vehicles? And what do you need to consider to stay on the right side of the law when using this? Well, here at Compass Fuel Oils, we are the UK’s leading provider of fuel oils like red diesel and AdBlue, as well as lubricants and greases. And this is our guide to everything you should know about agricultural vehicles and red diesel.
What are the advantages of red diesel for agricultural vehicles?
There are a number of advantages to using red diesel for farm based agricultural vehicles. These advantages include:
- Saving money- red diesel is a heavily rebated fuel, which makes it a lot cheaper than any other fuel type, especially white diesel. This is because there is a significantly lower fuel tax duty required to pay on red diesel. This can make a big difference to the day to day running of your agricultural business, and help to ensure that you can increase profits.
- Keeping agricultural vehicles running- tractors and other heavy duty agricultural vehicles can struggle to heat up and start in cold weather. Red diesel however generates more heat than other types of fuels, so you can cut your warm up time down, and get on with the working day.
What are the considerations for using red diesel for agricultural vehicles?
There are a numebr of considerations to take into account when using red diesel for your agricultural vehicles. These considerations include:
- Using red diesel on the road- you must only use red diesel for agricultural machinery on public roads, legally, if you are carrying out agricultural, horticultural or forestry work, and specifically you cannot use red diesel just for haulage. Using red diesel in a farm vehicle for any other purpose, unrelated to agriculture, can result in a hefty fine or even a two year prison sentence!
- Dual purpose machinery- many farms use tractors and other agricultural vehicles for dual purposes, including moving materials for construction sites and haulage. In terms of red diesel, it is only permitted for use in vehicles that are solely used for agricultural work, not both.
Choose Compass Fuel Oils for your red diesel
Here at Compass Fuel Oils, we can provide you with red diesel, whenever and wherever you are across the UK. We can offer:
- Different quantities of red diesel- From a small 205 litre barrel up to 36,500 litres on an articulated tanker, we can provide all the fuel you need. We also have the ability to pump over barrels of fuel oil from a van, so if space is an issue, or you are in a remote part of the mainland UK, we can help keep you fully fueled.
- Red diesel storage solutions- we can also fuel tank hire, so you can store red diesel on site, and keep topped up, as and when you need to.
- Fast and effective delivery- we can deliver red diesel to your destination in just 1-3 days, depending on location.
If you need red diesel, why not get in touch with the professionals today, here at Compass Fuel Oils?