Here at Compass Fuel Oils, we are the UK’s leading fuel oil specialists, providing next day delivery across the UK. This includes heating oil too. And we know that for many businesses and households, keeping fuel levels stocked up is a crucial concern. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about lubrication for agricultural machinery.
What are the advantages of correct lubrication for agricultural machinery?
There are a number of advantages and benefits to using the right type of lubricants and greases for any agricultural machinery. These advantages include:
- Preventing machine wear
- Protecting against corrosion
- Ensuring optimal lubrication levels
The right lubrication for agricultural machinery can prevent machine wear
Machine wear is a natural process that happens continuously as moving parts generate friction between them. However, when using the right lubricant, these moving parts will be fully protected and covered, which helps them stay moving for longer, reducing any potential wear and tear problems.
The right lubrication for agricultural machinery can protect against corrosion
Because lubricants coat the moving parts in grease, this can protect against oxidization and rust, and it can also protect against the natural corrosion that can occur with moving parts. This means that your agricultural machinery will require less maintenance work, and less downtime, so that you can get on with your day to day jobs, uninterrupted.
The right lubrication for agricultural machinery can ensure optimal lubrication levels
Under lubricating any agricultural machinery can be dangerous for anyone using this machinery, and for the machinery itself. With not enough lubrication, the machinery can face a number of issues, including:
- Increased wear and tear- the right lubricant reduces friction which prevents machine wear. under lubrication provides no protection from this natural process, and your machinery could malfunction or breakdown.
- Increased energy usage- with not enough lubrication it can take more effort for the machine to work as it should, and this can be very inefficient for your business.
- Increased maintenance- a lack of lubricant for agricultural machinery can lead to increased maintenance.
At the same time, over lubrication can be almost as bad, with issues including:
- Heat build ups- with a lack of friction, moving parts can move faster than usual generating a build up of heat in areas of the machinery. This can be dangerous and increase the possibility of downtime.
- Wasting lubricant- this can cost your company more money than it should and is very inefficient.
Choosing the right lubrication can prevent the issues of under or over lubricating from arising, as the lubricant will be designed for the specific equipment.
For all your fuel oil needs, from storage tanks to red diesel deliveries, we are the team you can count on, here at Compass Fuel Oils.