Here at Compass Fuel Oils, we are leading fuel oil professionals, delivering a range of high quality fuel oils across the UK, in bulk and barrels, within just 1-3 days. As a result, we have produced this guide to everything you should know about the advantages of a bunded fuel tank.
What is a bunded fuel tank?
A bunded fuel tank is a storage system for a fuel tank that involves positioning a smaller tank inside a larger one creating a double layer for increased protection for your fuel.
What are the advantages of a bunded fuel tank?
There are a number of reasons why you should opt for a bunded fuel tank, and these include:
- Staying compliant with regulations- There are a number of regulations governing the storage of fuel oil in domestic settings and in other properties. Essentially, any tank storing more than 200 litres of fuel must be bunded, but even smaller tanks need to have the structural integrity to support the fuel. As a result, a bunded tank can be the best option.
- Protecting the environment- If your fuel leaks this can have a huge negative impact on the environment. Bunded fuel tanks a re specifically designed to protect against fuel spillages to keep your fuel safe, and the surrounding environment too.
- Long lasting and durable- a bunded tank is a very effective choice for a long term investment. This is because the tanks are designed to be much more durable and long lasting, and will be much less likely to be damaged by the elements in the long term. This can help save you money on tank replacement, as well as fuel replacement.
- Additional safety features- a bunded tank can add some very important additional safety features including:
- A tank gauge that helps you to see how much fuel is left and whether you need to refill the tank
- A lockable fill point that aims to prevent theft
- A fuel inspection hatch so you can access the tank with ease
- A warning system in the event of sudden drops in the fuel level
- Preventing theft- a bunded tank is a great option for preventing fuel theft and helping to save you money. A bunded tank can provide the strength and integrity necessary to keep your fuel safe from opportunists looking for an easy way to help themselves. The double layer adds an extra layer of protection against theft.
Choose Compass Fuel Oils for your bunded steel tank
Here at Compass Fuel Oils we provide a range of bunded steel fuel tanks and there are a number of reasons why you should choose use, including:
- Great customer service
- Fast delivery in just 1-3 days
- Proven track record and great reputation
For more information about our steel fuel tank hire, or to arrange delivery, get in touch with the professionals today, here at Compass Fuel Oils.